“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”
-1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)
Volunteers are always welcomed!
- Hope Station can use volunteers from the community, Monday – Thursday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Please plan to volunteer for at least two hours at a time so that we can make the most out of your travel and time commitments. Please schedule your time by contacting the office at 503.339.7710.
- Groups of more than 3 people need to schedule their volunteer time in advance. To schedule groups please contact Marci Mattoso at 503.886.9138.
- The minimum age of volunteers is 14 years old.
- Every community volunteer is required to sign the Volunteer Release and Hold Harmless Agreement before beginning to volunteer.
- Please do not help yourself to items during your volunteering time.
- Please fill out a Volunteer Application and turn it in to the office or mail it to :
Attn: Volunteer Application
1337 Madison St. NE, Ste. 115
Salem OR 97301
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS give equipment the right of way. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER expect that operators see or hear you. Don’t run quickly in front of machinery, or “just get by”… step back and make eye contact with the operators. The equipment doesn’t stop on a dime!
- Make the supervisor aware of any physical limitations you may have that might hinder your helping activity. Your safety is of utmost importance.
- Absolutely no one may operate our power equipment without authorization.
What to Wear:
- Old clothes that can get dirty are great! Shoes must cover the entire foot and have good rubber soles.
- Dress for the weather, i.e., In the winter wear warm clothes; in the summer, cool clothes—but no muscleman tank tops.
Thanks for helping make HSCS a compassionate and loving community!