“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”
-1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)
Volunteers are always welcomed!
- Hope Station can use volunteers from the community, Monday thru Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm as well as the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. In addition, the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month we are open and need help until 7:00 pm. Please plan to volunteer for at least two hours at a time so that we can make the most out of your travel and time commitments. You can schedule your time by contacting the office at 503-339-7710.
- Groups of more than 3 people need to schedule their volunteer time in advance. To schedule groups please contact Pastor Marci Mattoso at 503-886-9138 or email email@example.com.
- The minimum age of volunteers is 14 years old.
- Every community volunteer is required to sign the Volunteer Release and Hold Harmless Agreement before beginning to volunteer. For minors, a parent or guardian is required to sign the Volunteer Release and Hold Harmless Minor Agreement.
- Please do not help yourself to items during your volunteering time.
- Please fill out a Volunteer Application and turn it in to the office or mail it to :
Hope Station Community Services, Inc.,
Attn: Volunteer Application
1337 Madison St. NE, Ste. 115
Salem OR 97301
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS give equipment the right of way. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER expect that operators see or hear you. Don’t run quickly in front of machinery, or “just get by.” Step back and make eye contact with the operators. The equipment doesn’t stop on a dime!
- Make the supervisor aware of any physical limitations you may have that might hinder your helping activity. Your safety is of utmost importance.
- Absolutely no one may operate our power equipment without authorization.
What to Wear:
- Old clothes that can get dirty are great! Shoes must cover the entire foot and have good rubber soles.
- Dress for the weather, i.e., in the winter wear warm clothes; in the summer, cool clothes—but no muscleman tank tops.
Thank you for helping make Hope Station a compassionate and loving community!